Come see what the Cardinal Swim Team is about!
Summer swim team is a one-of-a-kind six-week experience for swimmers ages 5-18 to learn competitive stroke in a fun, social environment. Swimmers learn freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, with competitive opportunities throughout the season to test out what they’ve learned and track their progress.
Cardinal Swim Coaches guide each practice and stroke education for each swimmer, offering nine practices per week. The Coaches also offer private lessons. Throughout the swim season, social opportunities for both swimmers and families increase the fun-factor of the team. Come see what the Cardinal Swim Team is about!
Our 2021 Preseason Parent Q&A session is available here.
We will provide a safe and enjoyable experience following all best practices.
Early bird dues paid through April 30th will be $105/swimmer for the first 2 swimmers, $50/swimmer for any additional family members, with a family cap of $300. Registration includes a team t-shirt and cap for each swimmer. After that date, there is a rate increase for “late registration” ($125/$65), and there is no guarantee that t-shirts will be available for swimmers registering late. This price structure is the same for Chirps and swim team members. Registration will start Monday 4/12 at 8am and will be available HERE. Please email the 3 forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to your first practice.
Information regarding practice, meets and critical events will be sent out to parents and swimmers via email, using the contact information included in your online your registration forms.
This information, along with pictures throughout the season, and other key details can also be found online at the Cardinal Swim Team Facebook page. This is a closed group – so to join, search for the group within Facebook and submit a request to join. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for the approval.
As this is volunteer organization, it is important that every family contributes towards the efforts needed to keep the season running smoothly. We need every family to have at least one adult volunteer at every home meet or competition event in order to meet our volunteer requirements. There are lesser requirements for away and city meets, but it is expected that all families will pitch in.
We will also need assistance with other activities supporting the swim team throughout the season, everything from fund raising, organizing events, and sponsorships to name just a few. If you are willing to help in other ways, please let one of the parent reps know.
Swim Team Parent Reps
General team email – email@example.com
We will be planning a Time Trial event early in the season once we have a better handle on the schedule. At that time, we will need all of our swimmers and volunteers on deck. It is important that all swimmers attend as it establishes times for each swimmer for each event so that the coaches can place them in the right events. Additionally, we run time trials as if it were a meet, so swimmers and parents get an idea of how meets will flow, and parents practice their jobs.
We have switched vendors for 2021 and more info about the team suits will be sent soon. This suit will be used this year and next.
Our swim team web store is up and running. Some information on ordering:
* The Cardinal Swim Team will provide a team t-shirt and a general swim cap for ALL swimmers and chirps. You can order an extra team shirt through the Cardinal Swim & Tennis Club website
* The Augusta web store below is where you can order your competitive team swimsuit, fins, personalized caps, extra Cardinal gear for the family
* We do have a new competitive suit this year with the team logo on it. Your competitive swimsuit should fit snugly
* Coach Christina is recommending fins for all swimmers, you can find these in the web store
* Orders need to be placed before May 9th to arrive before our first swim meet. Any orders placed before May 9th will be included in a bulk order which will be delivered to the reps and then distributed. You will not be charged shipping for these items. Anything ordered after May 9th will be delivered to the individual and you will be responsible for shipping costs.
* Club apparel is only available before May 9th with the bulk order
* A minimum order of 25 caps is needed for the personalized caps, so if we don’t get enough interest your order will be refunded
* We will have a try-on kit for the team suits at the club open house on May 8th from 1-4pm. If you need to make other arrangements, let one of the reps know.
NOTE: You should use a phone and not a computer or tablet, to access the team login, click on the little person icon in the upper right corner and this will take you to the team login site.