Racquet Sports Guidelines
- A court reservation MUST be made before all member play. No exceptions.
- Reservations should capture all players (members and guests). NOTE: Members are accountable for behavior of Guests (and their children) while at facility.
- PAY GUEST FEES PRIOR TO PLAYING. The member is responsible to make sure these are paid. Guest fees ($5 guest/day) apply year-round. This is an HONOR system and helps our club continue to support a great experience for members and guests. NOTE: Non-members can be a guest at the club no more than 12 times per year as part of regular play with members.
There are 2 options for paying:
- Use the following website: https://cardinalswimandtennis.com/guestfee
- Collect cash and deposit in the ‘Guest Fee Cash Box’ located inside the ProShop. If not open, please pay via the website or deposit the cash on the next visit with the ProShop open.
- Proper shoes MUST be worn at all times. This is necessary to protect our courts and ensure quality of play. If you have questions, please consult with the staff. Players not wearing proper footwear will be asked not to play and/or leave the facility.
- Courts may only be used for the following racquet sports
- Clay courts are for tennis ONLY
- Hard courts may be used for tennis and pickle ball
- Hours of play are:
- Hard courts – 7 am to 11 pm
- Clay courts – 8:30 am to 9 pm (earlier end time allows for required daily maintenance)
NOTE: On the clay courts, members may arrive earlier for play after 7 am with permission of Racquet Sports Director understanding that daily maintenance may not have been performed. Exceptions are not made after 9 pm.
- Lights will be operable in the morning and evening for all courts. These will shut off automatically during daylight hours and at night (in alignment with city ordinances). Please contact the Racquet Sports Staff to become familiar with how to operate.
VERY IMPORTANT – Court lights will not immediately come back on after being turned off. Lights must cool up to 30 minutes.
- Members are requested to turn off the lights after use unless another member or the staff requests otherwise. This both saves money for the club and is a courtesy to residents adjacent to our facility.
- No play is permitted when the courts are listed as “CLOSED” on the online reservation tool. This is controlled by the Racquet Sports Director and includes time for required maintenance and/or other issues preventing the safe use of the facilities.
- Any racquet sports lessons held on the Cardinal Swim & Tennis courts are to be conducted by the Tennis 360 Professional Staff. The Racquet Sports Director and his staff have the exclusive rights to offer lessons for pay at this facility.
- Courts should be surrendered immediately at the end of a reservation unless no other reservation has been made.
- Please allow for players on the court you’ve reserved to finish their point/game when arriving for your reservation.
- The use of profanity, throwing of racquets / paddles or slamming of balls is strongly discouraged.
- Abusive, disrespectful and unsportsmanlike behavior may result in being requested to leave the courts and/or club.
- Members/Guests and their children should be respectful by not engaging in distracting activities (e.g. horseplay, running) around the courts during play.
- Children under the age of 12 should be supervised during play and are NOT allowed on the courts otherwise.
- Additional etiquette may be found in the USTA (United States Tennis Association) Code of Conduct at the following website: (http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2.%20The%20Code.4.pdf).
- Concerns about disrespectful behavior should be raised to the Racquet Sports Director and/or Racquet Sports Board Chair.
- Each member requires a login (username and password), which can be requested from the Racquet Sports Director. Logins are limited to 1 per member/family. Please allow for 48 hours to process the request.
- Reservations may be made at the following websites. Select the ‘Cardinal Swim & Tennis Club’ from the drop-down menu and log in. (Both take you to the same system).
- Courts may be reserved NO MORE than two days in advance beginning at 12 am each day. Email reservations are NOT accepted.
- Reservations are limited to 1/day per member/family and may be made for 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes beginning at the top or bottom of the hour.
- Use the text box on the reservation form/page to capture names of members &/or guests playing.
- As a courtesy to other members, please cancel reservations if you will not be able to play. Courts reserved but not claimed within FIFTEEN (15) minutes of the designated start time will be considered a “no-show” and the courts available for another member’s use.
- Members involved in league play may work with the Racquet Sports Director to reserve required weekly blocks of time to support participation. This includes women’s, men’s and youth programs.