- PLEASE REGISTER ALL GUESTS IN THE PRO SHOP BEFORE GOING ONTO THE COURTS. Guest fees are year-round and require a fee of $5 per day / per person BEFORE PLAYING. If the pro shop is not staffed ~ collect the money and drop in the black drop box located on the back of the pro shop or give to a staff member the next time you are here at the club. This is truly an honor system.
- Non-members are only allowed to be a guest of a Cardinal member up to (12) times per calendar year. This includes social play and when participating in the instructional program.
- All tennis players are required to check the online sign up for court availability and sign up prior to going on the court. You will be bumped if you are not signed up. Please be prepared to give your name/ID to confirm with our member database.
- The tennis courts are for tennis only! No other activities permitted. Violators will be asked to leave the club and can have membership suspended.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. No swimming attire is allowed on the courts.
- Only smooth-soled, tennis court appropriate shoes are to be worn on both the hard and soft courts. After an initial warning, persons who continue to wear improper footwear will have playing privilege suspended.
- The tennis courts are closed for use when blocked off on court sign-up online, locked and /or the nets are down. Court closure is at the discretion of the tennis staff. This is to protect safety of the members and the integrity of the courts.
- Players are expected to turn off the lights after evening play. All tennis activities will cease NO LATER THAN 9PM so court maintenance may begin. Depending on play and conditions, maintenance may begin earlier.
- Any tennis lessons held on the Cardinal Swim & Tennis courts are to be conducted by the Tennis 360 Professional Staff who have the exclusive rights to offer lessons for pay at this facility.
- Members may use squeegees on the hard courts, but may not use squeegees on the soft courts.
- All guests must accompanied by a Cardinal Swim & Tennis member. Guest fee of $5 per day / per person / year-round and must be paid in the pro shop before play begins. Guests fees are the member’s responsibility – not the guest.
- Failure to pay guest fees could result in loss of club privileges.
- The $5 guest fee applies to all non-members taking part in instructional programs.
- The use of profanity, throwing of racquets or slamming of balls is prohibited.
- Courts should be surrendered immediately at the expiration of time if others are waiting. Please let the prior group finish their point or game.
- Members should leave the court immediately when it is time for court maintenance.
- Unsupervised children under the age of 10 are not allowed on or around the tennis courts, unless they are playing tennis. This includes all areas behind fencing and around the courts themselves.
- Please review this attached file from the USTA (United States Tennis Association) that details court etiquette in their USTA Code of Conduct .
Tennis Court Reservations – ONLINE RESERVATIONS
- Each member will need a username and password – please send Derek an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will set you up immediately for online court reservations!!
- Courts may be reserved NO MORE than (2) two days in advance after 12:00am by using the ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM via computer or smart phone. We do not accept email court reservations.
For example, if reserving a court for Friday, you may reserve online after 12:00am on Wednesday for that reservation.
- Reservations are limited to one per day per member. Members can play several times per day but are only limited to making a reservation under their name once per day.
- Please list all members and guest names playing in the online reservation form.
- Courts reserved but not claimed within fifteen (15) minutes of their designated starting time will be considered a “no-show” and the court will be forfeited / opened up for another member’s use.
- Courts are booked on the hour and ½ hour. Reservations are not accepted on the 15’s & 45’s.
For example, the online system does not accept a 5:15pm reservation and must be made at either 5pm or 5:30pm.
- A member is expected to cancel a reserved court promptly if he/she knows that the court will not be used. If a reservation becomes a “no-show”, players signed up for that court could have their playing privileges suspended.
- Reserved courts are limited to the stated time on the sign-up sheet. When making a court reservation, you can book a court for 30, 60, or 90 minutes. If the court is open on the sign-up sheet after your designated time, you are welcome to stay and play until the next reservation arrives. Open courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Play is limited to 90 minutes unless no one is waiting to play.
Tennis Court Hours of Operation:
Members can play tennis from 7:30am to 9:00pm provided the courts are open. The soft courts may have delayed opening starting at 8:30, conditions dependent. If a member wishes to play before 7:30am, they may do so but understand that daily court and facility maintenance may not be completed by that time. The soft courts are maintained and watered on a daily basis between 7:30- 8:30am, mid-afternoons, and after 9pm. During the Ladies Gate City seasons (April – May and September – October), the soft courts will not be available until after 12pm on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Gate City practices have priority on the soft courts for TEAM practices though will only use 2 soft courts at the most in order to have soft court availability for the membership.
Priorities of Members for courts usage:
Mid – March through late November: Adult and youth members have an equal opportunity to sign up for a hard court as long as the soft courts are open for play.
Late November through mid – March: Adults have priority on the hard courts during the winter months if the soft courts are closed for the season. Junior players (ages 18 & Under) CAN NOT “bump” adults from their court reservations during the winter time period or when the soft courts are closed.
Late March – November: The courts are open for play provided the weather has not delayed their opening and the first freeze does not occur too early. Adults have priority in signing up for the soft courts at all times except during regularly scheduled events by the professional staff.
December – Mid to late March: The courts are open for play, weather depending. Please remember that the soft courts do freeze and will remain frozen until the nighttime temperatures warm above freezing. If the courts are blocked off / closed, the gates are locked or the nets are down the courts are closed.
We will do our very best to keep the soft courts open year round. And we do have year-round hard courts for play available. Please be patient with our staff so they can do thee best job possible to groom and maintain all courts at Cardinal Swim & Tennis to the highest standards given conditions!